The Ten Greatest Reasons to Hire a Professional Coach
What is the benefit of hiring a Professional Coach in any field: Life Coach, Business Coach, Fitness Coach, Recovery Coach, Family Recovery Coach, or any other specialized coach?
I get asked this question quite often from both sides of the equation: as an instructor of Professional Master Coaches, and as a successful business woman who utilizes a Professional Coach. I’ll share with you my top ten reasons why I believe anyone should hire a Professional Coach.
Before I share my thoughts with you on the top ten reasons to hire a Professional Coach, I want to define what a Professional Coach is and what they do.
A Professional Coach is:
A highly trained and very skilled individual
A professional with tools to get the job done
A very motivated individual who motivates others
An ethical and responsible person
A caring people person
A very advanced cheerleader
An action-oriented problem solver
A flexible, goal-driven communication specialist
A perception and perspective changer
A blockage buster and solution finder
It’s also important to look at what Professional Coaches are not to truly understand who they really are.
A Professional Coach is not:
A banker or accountant
A therapist or counselor
A sponsor or twelve-step guide
A goal or objective setter
A date or romantic interest
A party pal
A person with a conflict of interest in relation to a client
An uneducated or untrained individual
Interested in selfish, unethical, or illegal matters
Now that I have identified what a Professional Coach is and is not, I would like to describe what a coach does. Coaching is a results and client driven process where the coach assists the client to reach a solution. It is a development or training process where a client receives support while working towards goals and objectives via specific action plans, where the coach utilizes core competencies, skill sets, and tools to help the client see past blockages and reach solution or meet goals. There are many different types of coaching:
Coaching Types and Styles:
1. Business Coaching
2. Recovery Coaching
3. Christian Coaching
4. Executive Coaching
5. Life Coaching
6. Financial Coaching
7. Health and Wellness Coaching
8. Fitness coaching
9. Relationship Coaching
10. Personal coaching
11. Family recovery coaching
There are many different types and styles of coaching; the largest difference today is peer coaching and Professional Coaching. The difference is just like it sounds, peer coaching is peer to peer often volunteer, and Professional Coaching is a highly trained and skilled individual and almost always paid for their services. Professional Coaches use a range of communication skills such as active listening, powerful questioning, paraphrasing, the natural laws of cause and effect, reading body language, tones, and inflections, observation, intuition, action planning, and other activities. Professional Coaching helps an individual to identify their capabilities and skill sets that already exist internally and put them into motion to reach solutions in all coaching fields.
Now I’ve identified what a Professional Coach is and isn’t and what they do. You have to be prepared before you execute; now you’re ready to get the information you’ve been waiting for. What are the ten greatest benefits of hiring these highly trained and skilled individuals?
- Every problem has a solution because the problem defines the solution; there is perspective and perception problems that block most clients from getting to solutions on their own, Profession Coaches help clients get past these blocks and reach solutions.
- We all are human, thus we all suffer from the human condition. We all have blind spots; Professional Coaches can help clients can point out areas of weakness that clients miss or don’t see.
- We all need someone to hold us accountable. Clients can take on greater responsibility by meeting with their coach on action plans with specific time tables and follow-up.
- A Professional Coach will help redirect the client when they are off track with their action plan. The coach is trained to be flexible; however, to keep the plan moving forward toward solution.
- A Professional Coach is trained to bring out the very best in the client through communication skills and other coaching techniques. The client won’t just be spinning in circles, but actually, always moving forward toward solution.
- The coach brings extra talent to the table. When the client sets the goal, then the coach and client brainstorm together to reach solution; there is twice the creativity.
- We all need spiritual sounding boards in our lives. Even coaches need coaches! I haven’t met a highly successful person yet who doesn’t have a coach!
- Professional Coaches celebrate all the victories with the client, no matter how big or small. A win is a win!
- Clients can communicate with their coach in confidence and confidentiality. The coach will always be supportive and non-judgmental. The coach may suggest change; however, it will be in a positive and nurturing way.
- Professional Coaches get results! They bring out the best in clients and expect the champion from within to show him or herself.
This really is a no brainer! If you could achieve your goal, increase your bottom line, lose those pounds, win that championship, or at least increase your chances for success, wouldn’t you do what it takes? Professional Coaches make all the difference!
“I’ve seen the power of Life Coaching firsthand and I know how beneficial it can be.” Leeza Gibbons
The Addictions Academy of Miami, Florida Trains and certifies Professional coaches in several Types and Styles. The Academy’s instructors are some of the best in the industry, current, knowledgeable, and cutting edge.
The Addictions Academy offers National Certifications and Training in Life Coaching, Recovery Coaching, Family Recovery Coaching, Gambling Addiction Coaching, Food-Addiction Coaching, Sex-Addiction Coaching, Relationship-Addiction Coaching, Fitness Coaching, International Master Addictions Coaching, and much more.
If you would like to hire a Professional Coach you can reach the Addictions Coach at 1-800-706-0318 or visit their website at https://theaddictioncoachonline.com. If you are interested in training to become a coach you can contact The Addictions Academy at 800-706-0318 or visit their website at http://ww.theaddictionsacademy.com.
© 2015 Cali Estes, Ph.D